Fujifilm LTO 8 Tape
• High Storage Capacity of 12TB and up to 30 TB compressed capacity.
• Supports transfer speeds of 360 MB/s (native), 900 MB/s (2.5:1) with Generation 8
• Barium Ferrite (BaFe) technology
• Support for tape drive hardware encryption
• Compatible with Linear Tape File System (LTFS)
• Simplified tape path to reduce wear and tear.
• Limited Lifetime Warranty
£99.24 (£119.09 inc VAT)
FREE Next Day UK delivery on orders over £300
We accept Purchase Orders from Schools, Hospitals, Police, Councils and more. Contact us to set up an account.
Quantity Discounts available - request for a quotation
Got a Question ? - Use our LIVE Chat window below and talk to one of our friendly staff who'll be happy to help
Recent developments have caused an exponential increase in the quantity of data generated worldwide. The “cold data” is said to account for over 80% of all data. As the use of accumulated big data rapidly increases, so does the need for reliable and cost effecitve long term storage of such data for future use.
Assuming that 1PB (petabyte) of data increases at a yearly rate of 55%, the total cost incurred to store the data when reaching 52PB over nine years will be less than one sixth of the cost that would be incurred if using HDD (The Clipper group report on July 2015). With the magnetic tape's capability of being managed offline, valuable data can be stored safely and securely with minimum risk for data damage or loss due to system failures, viruses and cyber attacks. The use of magnetic tape is gaining in popularity, especially at major data centers, thanks to its storage capacity, portability, energy efficiency, total cost of ownership and suitability for long-term storage.