Quantum LTO-6 External SAS Tape Drive
Capacity: 2.5TB Native | 6.25TB Compressed
Host Interface: 6Gb/sec SAS
Transfer Rate: 400MB/secRead the full description
£1,261.45 (£1,513.74 inc VAT)
FREE UK delivery on orders over £300
We accept Purchase Orders from Schools, Hospitals, Police, Councils and more. Contact us to set up an account.
Quantity Discounts available - request for a quotation
Got a Question ? - Use our LIVE Chat window below and talk to one of our friendly staff who'll be happy to help
SKU: DS1817+ (2GB)
Quantum's LTO-6 tape drives deliver reliable data protection with tremendous capacity and performance at an affordable price. In addition, they use less power than LTO-5 drives, making a "greener" and more energy efficient solution.
- Fast backup and restore performance –at speeds up to 400MB/s (1.4TB/hr)*
- Protect 6.25TB of data on each cartridge*
- Drag and drop files in native format directly to LTO media using LTFS, no backup software needed
- Secure protection with AES 256-bit hardware-based encryption
- WORM (Write Once, Read Many) functionality
- Partitioning capability
- Two generations of backward compatibility
* Assumes 2.5:1 compression for LTO-6, 2:1 for other LTO
New functionality allows customers to simply drag and drop files to LTO-6 as they would to a hard drive using Linear Tape File System (LTFS) software. This eliminates the need for backup software and allows the information written to tape to be exchanged easily between different users, operating systems, and software. This is highly beneficial for many applications including media and entertainment, geospatial imaging, other video and imaging applications, long-term archiving, and other applications where removing the dependence on a proprietary format is important. LTFS is compatible with Windows, Linux and Apple Macintosh.
LTFS Version 2.0 or higher is required for LTO-6 (Linux, Mac, and Windows).
What's in the Box ?
LTO-6 SAS Tape Drive
SFF8088 to SFF8088 mini-SAS cable
Worldwide power cords
3 Year Warranty